Yuletide Fortune Tellers is the twenty-second episode of Season 3 of Switched at Birth. It was aired on December 8, 2014.
Family Christmas traditions bore Bay and Daphne, who eat some enchanted garlic knots and envision their lives as if the switch had never happened. In this alternate reality, one girl is an Olympic hopeful and the other is a successful artist.
As Bay and Daphne rebel against their mothers' Christmas traditions, a "Christmas miracle" grants them their wish of alternate lives in which they were not switched. Daphne wakes up as Bay Kennish ("Bay-Daphne") with her hearing intact, and a skilled soccer player in training for the Olympics; while Bay wakes up as Daphne Sorrento ("Daphne-Bay"), deaf but a recognized artist, with a brother, Angelo Junior (AJ). However, these benefits come at a price: workaholic cosmetics entrepeneur Kathryn and depressed, stay-at-home has-been John are on the verge of divorce; Toby is an angst-ridden Goth; Emmett is only Daphne-Bay's platonic friend; and Regina has never conquered her alcoholism. When the girls decide this is worse, they fail at trying to reverse it at a disastrous Christmas-eve dinner party at the Kennishes, and succeed at waking up back to normal only after embracing the mothers' traditions which they once hated.
- D.W. Moffett as John Kennish
- Lea Thompson as Kathryn Kennish
- Lucas Grabeel as Toby Kennish
- Sean Berdy as Emmett Bledsoe
- Katie Leclerc as Daphne Vasquez
- Vanessa Marano as Bay Kennish
- Constance Marie as Regina Vasquez
- Toby is revealed to be short for Tobias.
- Sal's, the favorite restaurant of both the Vasquez's and the Kennish's makes it's first appearance.
- It is said that Regina hates to sing.
- It is revealed that Regina's father drank a lot around the holidays, so she and her mother would leave on Christmas day to see a movie. This is a tradition Regina also shared with Daphne.
- There would have been an Angelo Sorrento Jr.
If the switch never happened...
- Angelo and Regina would have had a second child, a son called Angelo Jr.
- Angelo would have still died of an aneurysm.
- Kathyrn would have launched her own cosmetic company.
- Daphne (Bay) wouldn't be Emmet's girlfriend.
- Regina would still be drinking too much.
- Toby (aka Tobias) filled out the angsty artist void in the Kennish family instead of Bay.
- After John retired from baseball, he became a stay-at-home dad, and became Bay's (Daphne) coach, and is training her for the Olympics.